Job ID: 44884
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Chemical
Company Name: Hitachi Chemical Company America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Finance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
This position is responsible for conducting Internal Audits, evaluating SOX/Internal controls, ensuring financial and operational controls are operating and designed effectively, presenting business process improvements to management and providing recommendations to identified business risks. Additionally, the position will assist in compliance efforts across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Drive continuous process improvements through Audit Planning, Fieldwork and Reporting.
Assess controls in accordance to J-SOX, IFRS, internal control frameworks, and standards, as applicable.
Support effort to raise Employee Awareness of Ethics & Regulatory Compliance Programs to mitigate risks.
Develop and Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of in-scope audit areas, including efficiency, effectiveness, and mitigating controls, and procedures to remediate gaps.
Lead inquiries with process owners to understand processes, and controls and assessing risk with minimal oversight and supervision.
Provide management with recommendations and process improvement solutions to the weaknesses and potential risks identified during the audit.
Assist in Issuing Management Audit reports documenting key processes reviewed, business impact and financial results of the operations, and finalizing implementation plans to risk identified.
Conduct financial and operational audits to identify weaknesses and propose solutions.
Gain comprehensive knowledge of various department, roles/responsibilities and operations of various entities to facilitate successful audits.
Team with External auditors to identify and remediate Sarbanes Oxley control deficiencies.
Test systems applications and ITGCs to ensure user access is properly segregated and restricted to job performance.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with Key stakeholders/Process Owners.
Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
• Clear understanding of Auditing Standards related to internal controls over financial reporting as well as US GAAP and IFRS.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver accurate results under time pressure.
• Ability to work effectively with process owners and management to provide accurate, timely testing and professional, high quality work papers.
• High ethical and personal standards. Possess a strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability and experience in interviewing and collaborating with all levels of management as well as working cross-functionally with stakeholders and co-workers
• Detail and team oriented with a strong learning capacity and ability to multi-task, adapt to change and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated individual and able to operate independently with minimal guidance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Professional Office Applications, including PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years audit experience in public accounting and/or industry (large national firms are acceptable) and/or internal auditing and/or related fields
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or Business-Related Field) required.
• Strong knowledge of SOX compliance requirements, internal controls, and accounting guidance
• Knowledgeable and experienced in financial and/or operational auditing required with the ability to construct well-targeted audit reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
• Professional Certification such as CPA, CIA, CICA, or equivalent strongly preferred.
• Experience in international company operations.
• Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX system and AuditBoard SOXHUB.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Regular Full Time role.
This position requires up to 30% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.