Hitachi Chemical Co. America is looking for an Accountant to join our team. This position is responsible for a variety of accounting duties including accounts receivable, accounts payable, some general ledger functions, day to day accounting operations, assist with internal/external audit, financial reporting, and other ad-hoc projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Daily accounts receivable duties, process cash receipts from customers, process credit card transactions, review and reconcile costumer statements and accounts.
· Support inventory management, including inventory reconciliation, write-off, and variance analyses.
· Participate in month-end closing process, including journal entries, accruals/adjustments, account reconciliations, and other ad-hoc projects.
· Prepare accounting reports and analyses as needed.
· Assist accounts payable function.
· Set up new customer/vendor/product in ERP system.
· Provide supports to sales team regarding financial information.
· Assist with internal and external audit.
· Maintain accurate records and files related to area of assignment.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
· Financial Management
· Collaboration Skills
· Ethical Conduct
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related.
· Working knowledge of GAAP, accounting procedures, internal controls.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specially Excel.
· Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with accounting systems is preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Regular Full Time role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.