We are currently seeking applications from seasoned Cost Controllers to be based in our Perth office. About the role
The purpose of the role is to carry out project cost controlling activities ensuring the provision of support to the Project Managers and Planner with accountabilities including but not limited to the following:
- Reporting of control budgets, forecasts and cost commitments.
- Managing workload hours and costs for internal and external resources
- Maintenance of the project cost controls system.
- Timely preparation of project cost and progress reports with analytical performed on major discrepancies.
- Assist with the timely and accurate allocation of budgets to project documentation.
- Assist team members with re-forecasting and estimating activities to complete project cost forecasts (trending).
- Assist with the entry and administration of data into the project controls software system.
- Preparation of monthly claims.
- Tediously manage multiple deadlines and ability to multi task.
- Monitor and report monthly on the main project KPIs including but not limited to costs, revenue, invoicing cash in/out.
- Analysis earned value with project team.
- Updating the project cash flow forecast.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Finance , Accounting or Engineering
- Desirable CPA/CA
5 plus years of working experience with expertise in the following:
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Project Planning & Monitoring highly desirable - Primavera P6
- Project Financial Controller
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Rail Infrastructure/Transportation industry will be highly desirable.
- Preferable experience in an engineering firm.