Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
Hitachi is looking for a high energy, dynamic individual to lead the ongoing technology solution definition effort supporting various business units at Hitachi Vantara. This individual must have a passion for technology delivery and be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast changing environment, without losing sight of core processes around development and delivery. Must be able to work on and balance multiple high priority items at same time.
Working in close collaboration with solution analysts and operations team, this role will lead the development team for new and changing business needs. Focus is to drive business leaders and business process to align with standard functionality instead of custom solutions to the extent possible.
Engineering lead must have strong understanding of SFDC technology platform, API integrations, and web application development. This role must be able to work independently. Should be able to use judgment, creativity and strong technical knowledge to resolve the roadblocks and provide innovative solutions to new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
This is a hands-on role; specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:Responsibilities
- Design and Maintain Hitachi business applications integration/API Management architecture to optimize scalability and adaptability to meet requirements.
• Create patterns for fault-tolerant integrations and API's to meet various business needs; Guaranteed delivery, dynamic routing, push/pull models, protocol and message transformation etc using Cloud Native Solutions like AWS EventBridge, SNS/SQS, Step Functions, Lambda, API Gateway and others.
• Code reviews and providing guidance to developers on the best practices
• Manage the delivery of defined scope and deliverables according to the dates and milestones established
• Working with the architecture team to evaluate different integration patterns to determine the usefulness and applicability to the organization.
• Work with onsite and offshore delivery teams.
• Facilitate operations meetings, providing updates on project status, issues, risks, escalations, and change requests
• Track change requests and determine impacts to timeline, resources, and project cost before aligning on next steps
Education and Experience
- Strong experience and understanding of business processes in Sales and Services organizations
• 10+ years of hands-on development experience implementing integration solutions.
• 5+ years of experience with public cloud, esp Amazon Web Services.
• Excellent grasp of Integration and API Management patterns and industry best practices.
• Excellent experience with 4GL like Python, NodeJS etc
• Strong experience in DevOps practices and Continuous Delivery and familiarity with concepts like Test Driven Development etc.
• Experience in
o Integrating salesforce application
o Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API
• Experience leading development team as a lead engineer
• Experience in delivering software projects using Agile methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Management or related discipline
• Minimum 5 years of direct experience
• Experience in large technical teams in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support
• Experience on Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and the force.com platform is plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.