Job ID: 45033
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
We are recruiting for a Wheel Lathe Operative to join our team in West London at our state of the art North Pole Train Maintenance Centre. This is a permanent position working on a rotating shift basis.
· Prepare for and undertake planned maintenance on the wheel lathe & ancillary equipment
· Carryout wheel turning for Hitachi and third party rolling stock.
· Perform necessary height adjustment and testing work after turning.
· Maintain the condition of the work site, materials and equipment
· Support health and safety practices in the workplace
· Confirm that traction and rolling stock assets comply with operational specifications
· Provide operational support to fleet staff if lathe duties permit
· Develop professionally and support good working relationships
· Learn new skills in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required
· Liaison with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, generous annual leave entitlement and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!