Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Deployment Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Oakland, CA.
Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world.
- Plan, manage and drive execution of installation, commissioning and testing activities on an active railway.
- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of field project activities to prioritize and meet critical milestones and deliverables.
- Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Manages and reviews the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals.
- Leads the team to achieve all cost and schedule objectives while keeping alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Provides and presents project status reviews to client.
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client.
- Will be the primary contact for field deployment activities and required to maintain a strong client relationship.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of field safety and quality assurance requirements for the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Previous field and/or construction Project Management experience
- Field deployment experience in communication-based train control (CBTC) systems.
- C-10 Contractors License
- Experience migrating installation, testing, commissioning and in brown field environment
- Experience working in mass transit industry projects
- Working knowledge of safety and security, buy America regulations, train control systems, passenger vehicles, communication systems, communication systems, traction electrification systems, operation & maintenance of rail systems.
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- A minimum of seven years of construction or field project management experience
- Previous Project Management experience working on rail industry projects
- Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract negotiation.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/