Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Telecoms Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity Accountabilities
Job requirements Required Skills & Experience
- Support planning, execution, monitoring and controlling Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Support analysis of the technology environment
- Support Identification, analysis and management of requirements
- Support identification and resolution of interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Support architecting and Integrating medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
- Support preparation of Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
- Participate in products selection
- Support creation of Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
- Configure test and commission IP networks.
- Configure test and commission Wireless systems, from UHF/VHF to Microwaves.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications
- Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
- Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Experience with network architecture design
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
- From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.