Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Hitachi Vantara is currently investing in its IT Outsourcing Practice which is growing rapidly in the UK and Europe. As part of this, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Application Support Team Lead to join us, based in the UK.
We provide 2nd and 3rd line ITIL-compliant Application support for a range of clients and this opportunity is working with a prestigious public-sector client.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Working as part of the Service team and Leading the 2nd line Support function
- Key leadership role within the Team
- Responding to requests from the Global Service Desk "first line support", ensuring that accurate information is captured and documented within the ticket.
- Monitor and manage active Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key performance Indicator (KPI) measurements to proactively maintain appropriate metrics, ensuring that event triggers and notifications are controlled to ensure resolution within required timelines, whilst managing team to minimise breaches/failures.
- Providing procedural workarounds and/or Advice and Guidance as may be required
- Providing data fixes as appropriate and in accordance with process
- Major Incident Manager (MIM) for Service. POC for Priority/Severity 1's, able to co-ordinate conference call and manager as required
- MIR (Major Incident Report) management QA and distribution, and CSI (Continual Service Improvement) follow-up
- Acting a SME for Support and process queries
- Liaising with 3rd party providers to provide end-to-end support for the customer.
- Driving CSI (Continual Service Improvement) opportunities
- Deputising in the absence of the Service Manager, as required
- Proactive management of the Support stack (including Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, Changes, RFC's and Releases), fulfilling and managing the life cycle of.
- Chairing and/or attending required Meetings, including Incident, Service Desk and Problem reviews as required
- Management and Access control for the SharePoint based sites - client gateways
- Assisting and leading the way in the documentation, testing and implementation of ITIL service processes.
- Maintaining Support Rotas and Support Service Hours Coverage
- Acting as a point of contact and escalation, responding to queries from Service Managers and Delivery Leads
- Contributing to department goals, objectives and team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assigned by the Service Ops, Service Manager and/or Career Advisor
- Performing PACS testing and support (either at site or remotely)
- Performing Server Migration Activities, planning execution, scheduling and control (including QA of Change Control Records)
- Producing and ensuring the creation of User Guides and Knowledge Articles as maybe required
- Assisting in other areas of the Service as maybe requested (eg Project Support)
- Supporting the Development team with testing and advice, as may be required
- Licence procurement and management of requests
- Proven experience of managing the Support lifecycle
- Excellent organisational, facilitation, planning and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience of working with service desk tool sets, such as Service Now and with a working knowledge of ITIL Delivery methodologies
- Flexible, Adaptable and able to work off own initiative
- Solid experience of working in a 2nd Line Support Environment and team leadership
- Able to clarify Incidents - Service Requests with Clients and End Users, ensuring that the ticket is correctly categorised and has sufficient information to progress
- Strong skills in customer service, relationship building and communication - at all levels
- Excellent communication, telephony - presentation skills for interaction with end users, clients and senior management. Also, able to communicate complex issues to junior members and non-technical business people
- Hands-on exposure to managing, leading and supporting an Application Service
- A demonstrable passion for technology and a wish to improve and innovate
- ITIL Awareness
- Line/People Management
- Hands-on experience with PACS HL7 and DICOM, NBSS Daybook, High Risk Programme, Smart Clinics, Whiteboards
- NBSS Application Knowledge, including Reports, SMART Clinics
- Working knowledge of Intersystems Cache, Crystal reports, VB6 and applying data fixes
- Minor Development capability to affect small/minor changes, if required
- NBSS Screening Office Functional Operational knowledge
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- Previous experience of working within the Healthcare sector, specifically Breast Screening or other Cancer Screening programme.
- Proven ability of team working and producing results in line with expectations and needs
- Working to Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Ability to drive Service Improvement and Innovation
- Management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies including notifying management
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments - standards
- Keeping up to date with NHS information - Government standards - principles
- Keeping up to date with updates to the NBS Programme
- Proven history of Liaison with 3rd Parties and the Customer, including agreeing and documenting End User requirements
- Testing and Deployment of changes and fixes in line with agreed processes
- Driving new business opportunities
- Security - ISO27001 foundation and/or Lead Auditor/Implementer
- PACS Conformance testing and support experience or willingness to learn
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employee's work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required. Travel will be required for this role in line with business requirements.
Hours of work will be in line with Business need and flexible to cover the requirements of the Support team rota