Description Role Overview
We are seeking to recruit a Payroll Administrator to join the Reward team at Hitachi Europe Ltd on a 12-month FTC. Reporting to the Payroll Team Lead, the role will primarily be assisting with the delivery of payroll services to a number of Hitachi Group companies in the UK. Reward Team Overview
We are a small yet busy team of 7 people, providing Payroll, Compensation
and Benefits support to several Hitachi Group companies.
The successful candidate will be working in a team which includes our
Head of Reward, Payroll Manager, Payroll Team Lead, Payroll Administrator,
Reward Consultant and Compensation Consultant.
The team provides Reward services to more than 550 employees in Hitachi
Europe, and shared service provision to several other Hitachi Group companies,
covering 5,000 employees.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assist the Payroll team in all aspects of monthly payroll preparation for UK and Japanese ex-pat payrolls for Hitachi Europe Limited and other Hitachi Companies where the team supports payroll delivery.
- Assist the Payroll team with various post payroll processing activities.
- Support the Payroll team by answering general questions received from employees and customer contacts from Hitachi group companies.
- Develop customer relationships across Hitachi group companies to maintain high standards of Payroll service delivery.
- Assist the Payroll team with preparing year end procedures including P11d`s, P60’s and PSA returns.
Skills & Experience
This will be a busy and challenging role and you will ideally be able to demonstrate your suitability for this role against the following criteria:
- Highly organised and motivated individual, able to work to challenging payroll cycle deadlines.
- Highly numerate individual with strong focus on attention to detail
- Team player
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft office
- Payroll experience is essential
We offer a comprehensive Employee Benefit package, which includes:
competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- A Holiday
Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
Assistance Programme available to all employees
employee parking at our Whitebrook Park headquarters
Hitachi Europe Ltd is a social innovation company with
headquarters based in Maidenhead, England. The company’s European operations
employ over 550 people to deliver services and solutions to customers in
several key business areas. The company's portfolio includes digital media
products, industrial components and equipment, European procurement and
sourcing, research and design, information systems.
HEU is also responsible for managing a Shared
Services Group that provides the Company's business units with a range of
innovative and effective common services that deliver value, create ‘lean’
processes and support growth and development - including HR, IT, Legal, Finance
& Accounting, Corporate Communications & Sustainability, and Business