Hitachi Solutions is a core IT Company of the Hitachi Group, which employs over 330,000 people worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Hitachi Solutions' reach extends to group companies in Japan and abroad, working with a worldwide network of alliance partners. Through systems integration, we strive to provide ideal solutions and products to customers in a diverse set of countries and regions including Asia, North America and Europe. Using a portfolio of management consulting, implementation, and support services, we help our clients compete with the largest global enterprises leveraging powerful, affordable, and easy to use industry solutions built on Microsoft technologies. Our vision is to help you achieve your vision through superior products, prices, and people.Job Description
Are you looking to work at the forefront of artificial intelligence and machine learning? We have a significant data analytics and management presence across many industries. With that footprint comes massive amounts of data that can inform us about markets and ways to improve our client business practices.
This position will be part of the Data Science and Machine Learning team and will bring strong quantitative skills to our data science capabilities. You work in a multidisciplinary team exploring, connecting and mining internal data sources and will develop data models using algorithms for pattern detection and forecasting. In this position you will be managing projects that use advanced analytics techniques, such as optimization, forecasting, machine learning, predictive analytics, and statistical analysis, to develop solutions that help deliver significant value to a variety of our partners and clients.
You will be exposed to a wide spectrum of high visibility projects ranging from sales effectiveness, competitive intelligence, fraud detection, time series forecasting, operational efficiency, sourcing and procurement, supply-chain optimization and financial analysis.Why is this role important for our company's work?
Quite simply, our clients and engineers need you. You'll provide a fresh perspective to our industry experts who have 10-20 years of experience. You'll come with a hungry mindset that is collaborative and helpful.
With your perspective, we'll transform existing practices to think differently about innovation, will optimize existing processes and systems in the organization, and will think high-level about business impact to the greater world.Once you're here...
You'll have full access to our reference architecture. Our services methodology is built on reusable technology components, patterns, and processes that have been refined and proven on thousands of production solutions. You'll learn to develop complex data architectures, solve for real-time data needs of large businesses, and navigate the changing landscape of the Azure stack.
You will collaborate regularly with our experts, work across numerous industries, clients, and technologies. You will learn something new every day and begin adding value to our team almost immediately. We have our flagship Launch Program to get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
You will partner with clients across several key industries including Healthcare, Manufacturing and Industrial Products, Financial Services, Professional Services, Engineering and High Technology, Retail and more.Responsibilities:
• Develop and code models by applying algorithms to large structured as well as unstructured data sets for our more complex projects. Develop visualization products to share analysis across a large group of business users.
• Design strategies and propose algorithms to analyze and leverage data from existing as well as new data sources.
• Continuously seek out industry best practices and develop skills to create new capabilities for data analytics at clients to improve business decisions.
• Network with business stakeholders to develop a pipeline of data science projects aligned with business strategies. Translate complex and ambiguous business problems into project charters clearly identifying technical risks and project scope.
• Participate on cross-disciplinary project team of database specialists, data scientists, and business subject-matter experts to complete project deliverables.Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research or related fields.
• (Preferred) Master's degree in data science, applied mathematics, or bioinformatics.
• Knowledge of various modeling algorithms e.g. Linear, GLMs, trees based models, neural networks, clustering, PCA, and time series models.Additional Information
Beyond the tech, you'll benefit from dollar for dollar 401(k) matching (up to 6% of your salary), ongoing structured learning opportunities, subsidized healthcare, vision, and dental plans (amongst others), a fully stocked snack, coffee, and drink bar, and a laid-back team looking to disrupt the status quo.