Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Controller
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
This Project Controller position will report directly to the Manager of Project Control and Bid Support. The resource for this position will work collaboratively with the manager of the department to control the financial results of a portfolio of long-term construction projects. Further this resource will work as a financial analyst in completion of various company level analyses to assist delivery managers and functional managers to drive business results.
Financial analysis may include activities, but are not limited to, recurring monthly, quarterly and annual budget and forecast process, headcount/workload planning across the organization, general expense/warranty monitoring and special projects aimed at driving better understanding of cost drivers of the business and project costs.
Project level responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- In conjunction with Project Team, develop the Work Breakdown Structure and Budgets for the project
- Work with Work Package Leaders (WPL) to develop accurate cost to complete estimates and percent complete evaluations
- Track, monitor and report planned budgets/forecast vs. actual spend using project controlling tools (SAP, PCS and Primavera). Provide variance explanations and possible recovery plan actions
- Work with Project Planner to review latest schedule and quarterly report the Earned Value
- Monthly reporting of project results
- Assist with the preparation, processing and tracking of contract Change Orders
- Work with the project manager to assist with the preparation and tracking of potential claims for additional work
- Track internal and external invoicing and reconciliation of cash receipts and retention.
- Understand and report on the cash flow position of the project
- Work with global controllers for Intracompany projects
- Track subcontractor invoicing, payments and reconciliations
- Review and approve Purchase Order Requisitions in alignment with budget and track P.O.s in PCS
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and annual budget and reporting of the key performance indicators for
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Two to five years in a financial analyst or other similar role
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Understanding of general financial processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Driven and engaged with a proactive approach
- Strong communication skills demonstrating the ability to cooperate with different global teams across multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to be engage and resolve everyday business challenges with a financial perspective
- Ability to enhance process knowledge and adapt to ever changing objectives and priorities
- Personally driven and accountable; one who works well in a structured and recurring way; committed to high quality and demonstrate continuous improvement over time
- Well experienced in the use of Microsoft Excel
Experience with SAP or another ERP system preferred. Education:
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.