Location: Westford, MA
Division: Human Resources
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Primary Purpose: The HR Manager functions as the HR Business Partner to align HR
objectives with strategic organization objectives. Works closely and guides
management in various areas such as employee relations, leadership development,
change management, performance management, diversity and inclusion initiatives,
conflict management, legal compliance, etc.
- Works collaboratively
to improve business results and meet objectives.
- Provides coaching and
shares expertise on leadership development, employee engagement, performance
management, change management, resources planning, compensation and benefits,
organization and talent, etc.
- Builds strong
relations with managers in the business. Coach people managers to effectively
manage teams and individuals.
- Formulates and
develop general policies and procedures.
- Challenge and direct
teams to apply values to day to day actions and decisions.
- Recommend and review
personnel actions including salary actions, promotions, transfers, disciplinary
actions etc. Manage the uniform application of policies and procedures and the
application of disciplinary actions.
- Lead the
communication plan at site utilizing a multi prong approach to meet the needs
of the employees.
- Undertake HR projects as required.
- Define annual operating plans and budgets for the HR function and
an annual HR plan for the business.
- Participate in business decision making as part of the management
- Report relevant HR metrics and other HR
- Monitor and control the operational and
financial performance of the HR function.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards, compensation,
benefits, Affirmative Action, employment law, and diversity/inclusion.
- Contribute as well as implement
with HHA HR colleagues and senior management in order to achieve
group-wide HR objectives such as consistent policy, key staff succession
and development and the implementation of group-level
HR policies such as those relating to bonus schemes, insured benefits and
wellness activities and pensions.
- Works closely with
Hitachi HR Benefits team to ensure accuracy and compliance for benefits
administration and payroll.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Timely fulfillment of staffing requirements.
- Quality, development, satisfaction and productivity of staff.
- Statutory and contractual compliance in employment matters.
- Efficiency of HR administration and reporting.
- Development of management teams.
- Degree in business or related field. Masters degree in HR or related discipline preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of HR experience with ability to demonstrate progressive growth in responsibilities and leadership of key strategic initiatives.
- Is an accomplished practitioner in his or her field, able to use a range of professional tools and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively with remote team members.
- Uses up to date knowledge of best practice for the benefit of the business.
- High degree of capability and comfort working with data and statistics and using same to inform decisions and make recommendations.
- Benefits expertise and/or Training and Development expertise
- An ability to understand and manage within a technological and business environment.
- Can influence at Senior Management level.
- Clear about what they can bring and validity of experience
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.