Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Operations Control Center Supervisor
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu, HI. Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Job Summary/Duties:
Supervises the monitoring and routine, preventative and unscheduled maintenance, inspection, testing, modification and repair of all equipment associated with electrical power distribution systems and emergency trip station facilities. Assigns duties to personnel by workload priority, giving instructions in proper work methods/techniques; conducts inspections and monitors.
- Lead the OCC for all the relevant shifts.
- Takes decision inside OCC in case of emergency.
- Ensure that the safety procedures, policies and rules are followed by all staff under his/her responsibility.
- Provide troubleshooting techniques to assist train controllers, maintenance staff and field personnel
- Report delays and problems promptly and take appropriate actions to correct performance and maintain established schedules.
- Enter daily rail activities into various data bases, logs and rail operations management information systems.
- Takes ATC, SCADA or communication central control in case of sudden unavailability of a controller.
- Acts as a designee for the OCC manager when required.
- Manage schedules and work flow or the Operation Control Center and/or Testing Control Center TCC
- Must be able to work non-scheduled emergency call outs outside of assigned work hours
- Supervises the monitoring and control through OCC and TCC workstations Train operations and maintenance Vehicles
- Supervises the monitoring and control through SCADA workstation, remote equipment including but not limited to: Lift and escalators, Traction Power, Platform Screen Gates, Auxiliary Station equipment, Fire detection systems, Access control, Train Equipment faults, and CCTV
- Holds Operations Control Center and Testing Control Center employee accountable through daily coaching and formal evaluations
- Performs manual intervention and adjustment of Train operations as required
- Ensure daily work is conducted in accordance to the applicable regulations, rules, standards and operational procedures related to railway safety
- Daily management of control room activities and needs
- Coordination of planned and unplanned activates
- Responsible for providing clear and effective information to the Train Drivers and Crew
- Responsible for answering emergency calls from stations, trains and Crew
- Responsible for populating control room logs and reports
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing control room operation policies, restrictions and plans
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Reading and interpreting plans, specifications and electronic schematics, diagrams and maintenance manuals.
- Staying current on all new technologies introduced into the transit industries as relates to electrified rail.
- Preparing written reports, document defects and repairs on inspection forms, work orders or computer programs.
- Maintaining records and preparing clear and concise reports.
- Working independently and safely with AC and DC power.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience and as an OCC controller supervisor or similar position.
- Ability to manage several different tasks at the same time while directing train movement.
- Ability to instruct employees on operation and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of all central systems (ATS, SCADA, communications etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and while working under pressure.
- Must be able to navigate through Microsoft Word, Excel, understand Access as well as general typing skills.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a rail or air traffic position
- Minimum three (3) years' experience as a supervisor or manager
- Basic knowledge and understanding of control systems and subsystems
- Ability to perform assigned duty in critical situations
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Graduation from and accredited college with an Associate's Degree in related field
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a train controller position
- High school diploma
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs /