This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45084
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
As a global provider of total railway solutions, Hitachi Rail Limited has a growing international presence and product range. We are leading the largest rail modernisation project in UK history and delivering the UK’s next generation of rolling stock. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Hitachi Rail Limited are looking for talented Production Manager to join our Bounds Green Train Maintenance Centre. This is a permanent role working Monday to Friday on a day’s shift.
We are looking for a dedicated and talented individual to take overall responsibility for the safe, efficient and profitable operation of the Train maintenance centre. In this exciting new role you will be working in a dynamic work environment that values collaboration, adaptability and creativity.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Manage and maintain good quality, health, safety and environmental practices in the workplace
· Manage resources and prioritise workload to undertake unplanned activities for traction and rolling stock reliability and casualty repairs.
· Support resources and prioritise workload to undertake planned traction and rolling stock engineering activities
· Responsible for staff recruitment of maintenance team members
· Responsible for the continued development and succession planning of maintenance team members
· Manage costs through effective and efficient planning of resources
· Manage relevant budgets
· Support the General Manager in commercial and business development opportunities
· Develop fleet reliability Improvements through the use of root cause analysis tools and techniques
· Encourage and coordinate depot continuous improvement initiatives.
· Encourage and develop best practice of defect and maintenance procedures
· Manage maintenance expectations in line with business KPI,s and targets.
· Review and identify where improvements to the maintenance process are required
· Ensure that maintenance activities are accurately reported and entered into data management systems
· Ensure rolling stock maintenance activities are executed to plan.
· Carryout investigations as required in accordance with company policy and procedures
· Manage disciplinary issues as required.
· On Call Duties
· Support and provide professional liaison with the customer with regards fleet and contractual requirements as required.
· Develop professionally healthy and supporting working relationships
· Learn new skills in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required
· Liaison with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post
At Hitachi Rail Limited you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, up to 28 days of annual leave and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 17th February 2020