Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Physical Security Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, CA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the identification, the management and the fulfillment of the contractual requirements
- Contribute to the identification and resolution of the interfaces with the main subsystems (e.g. Signaling, TLC, DCS, etc.) and Customer
- Guarantee the preparation of the Preliminary Design:
- Conceptual Design
- Security Plan
- Factory Acceptance Test
- Site Acceptance Test
- Site Integrated Test
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of current CCTV technology, including interpretation of user requirements, specification of CCTV cameras, PTZ solutions, encoding/decoding and compression protocols, video data interfacing/transmissions, mobile and central video recorders, operator control solutions, display panels, video analysis, integration with Physical Security Management System
- Knowledge of the concepts related to the protection of personnel, hardware, programs, networks, and data from physical circumstances and events that could cause serious losses or damage to a transportation system. This includes protection from fire, natural disasters, vandalism.
- Knowledge and understanding of Intrusion and Access Control System, perimeter intrusion detection System, integration with Fire Detection System or SCADA System, integration with CCTV, user access permission configuration, biometric identification.
- Act keeping in mind the impacts of his/her own work on the whole "Company system" and understanding the economic consequences of his/her activities both on client and on organizational perspectives. Propose simple and efficient solutions to meet customer needs.
- Commit to understanding and delivering against customer requirements, keeping them informed about progress on a specific activity/project. Actively seek information to understand customer circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Provide contributions in defining personal stretching goals. Focus on new or more effective ways of improving his/her own work and meeting targets. Commit to exceed expectations.
- Set stretching and realistic targets for him/herself and his/her team, improving performance and benchmarks against industry standards and competition. Recognize and celebrate the achievement of milestones and goals.
- Understand areas of improvement and define a personal development plan to follow whose progress is regularly checked. Welcome new assignments for personal development.
- Understand markets and industrial trends and their changes, and how they may affect the Company/the Group. Keep him/herself updated on products, services, markets and clients in order to plan activities.
- Adapt to different cultures and international environments establishing relationships that create business benefit.
- Accommodate for cultural differences to improve effectiveness and adapt leadership style depending on the situation (adherence to the team's expectations).
- Compare him/herself and his/her team against the international best practices. Encourage the contribution of different people with different experiences and backgrounds in order to optimize outcomes. Pursue opportunities to learn about other cultures using an open-minded approach.
- Seek opportunities to expand and leverage knowledge across organizational boundaries. Draw upon multiple and diverse sources for ideas and inspiration. Examine and evaluate potential solutions before accepting any.
- Review performance and learn from mistakes. Be aware of technological/organizational developments that could provide innovative solutions to improve performance and add value. Target important innovation areas and develop solutions addressing meaningful work issues.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background.Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however