Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Signaling Hardware Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA
. Who We Are
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Design wayside interlocking circuits in accordance with established design principles, procedures, and specifications.
- Program wayside microprocessor devices in accordance with interlocking rules and all related specifications.
- Prepare project and design documentation.
- Assist with test setup and testing of wayside systems. This includes system integration testing with carborne, office and other systems.
- Follow established design principles, procedures and specifications for proper programming of microprocessor devices.
- Assist in developing cost estimates for project bids.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills.
- Display time management skills.
- Display organizational skills.
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate entry level competency in programming fundamentals.
- Demonstrate entry level competency in DC/AC circuit design and analysis.
- Demonstrate entry level competency in Digital Logic design.
- 1 - 2 years' experience with signaling design systems.
- Experience with designing interlocking circuits.
- Experience with relay based logic design.
- Experience with designing microprocessor devices and software signaling logic, including troubleshooting / debugging software.
- Experience with track plan design for interlocking and non-interlocking locations.
- Pursuit of engineering licensure, having passed or are in preparation of taking the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Experience supporting bids and proposals for new work.
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.