Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling V & V Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- In charge of the definition of the Signaling system and subsystem Validation Test Specification and the implementation of the Signaling system and subsystem V&V activities; definition of the Signaling system and subsystem V&V plan.
- Create Test Procedures for Wayside Signaling systems based on Contract requirements, RAMS Hazard Analysis and Hitachi's IMS procedures. Create Datasheets for Test Procedures.
- Create Master Test Plan for Wayside signaling based on Contract requirements and Hitachi's IMS procedures.
- Create and program 'Test Machine Interface' for the validation testing of Wayside system design and subsystem.
- Perform Validation testing on 'As-Built systems and subsystems
- Create final Test reports
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Understanding of Signaling design rules and standards
- Good Writing and verbal skills
- Able to read and interpret Technical documents
- Ability and Experience with MS Word, Excel and Visio
- Experience with high and low voltage electrical systems, including wiring, and electrical measuring tools
- Experience in trouble shooting electrical systems
- Training and experience with Team Center
- Technical Understanding of Hitachi's equipment.
- Experience performing system factory testing on Wayside Signaling designs
- Experience with Communication equipment including switches, routers, modems
- Experience with RTC software
- Experience in writing and debugging Software programs
- Understanding of AREMA recommendations
- Understanding of FRA recommendations
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.