Job description Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH)
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Train Operator
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City/Honolulu
, HI. Who We Are: Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Assist passengers with inquires
- Operate train as needed in a safe manner when in manual operator mode
- Provide excellent friendly service
- Report incidents, failures or events that impact on safety and/or service performance to the OCC Supervisor in a timely and clear manner;
- Coordinate service start-up, shut-down with the OCC Supervisor, Engineering and Faults Controller, Yard Controller, and Information Controller;
- Inform the OCC Supervisor of any operating conditions deviating from normal conditions;
- Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by the Management
- Ensure the execution of maintenance activities on site in accordance with the contractual KPIs
- Ensure the technical reporting issuing to the customer on site maintenance and system performance
- Assist with Commissioning and Maintenance as assigned
- Ensure daily work is conducted in accordance to the applicable regulations, rules, standards and operational procedures related to railway safety
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing control room operation policies, restrictions and plans
- Climb into train from the Wayside.
- Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
- Assist with emergency station and train evacuations
- Request police and/or medical assistance, as needed; and perform related work.
- Available to attend EVERYDAY for training Monday-Friday from March 30 until October 30, 2020 M-F 8am - 5pm
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- A minimum of two (2) year's customer service years' experience or equivalent education and job experience
- Ability to perform assigned duty in critical situations
- Two (2) experience in a Train Operator or passenger transportation experience position
- CDL B highly desired
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs/