The sales engineer position manages existing powder metal parts (PMP) business using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs that results in revenue generation. The sales engineer will work as a liaison between our factory and the customers (OEM auto and /or industrial manufacturers as well as Tier-1 suppliers) in order to maintain and grow PMP sales. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. This position will primarily focus on managing Japanese OEM customers but not limited to.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Relations (customer visits & meetings) - (40%)
- Primary contact for the customer
- Identify customer needs (new areas or necessary items for business development)
- Receiving RFQs, preparing and submitting quotes to customers
- Primary negotiator for commercial related items
- Ramp/Launch forecasting and planning of new business (manage/maintain project timelines)
- Customer Support – (30%)
- Logistics support (customer forecast, ordering, warehousing, tracking orders, etc.)
- Sample, testing, and general support to R&D
- Customer satisfaction tracking and improvement activity
- Resolve customer complaints and conflicts within the company
- Business reporting - (20%)
- Analyze and report sales budget performance and business forecasting
- Factory production forecasting, meetings, and support
- Keep the company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities. Submits information to our global teams and management on a timely basis
- Cash flow management (AR collection support, resolution as needed) – (5%)
- Participation in Trade Shows / Expositions / Marketing activities to grow PMP biz - (5%)
Qualifications Position Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication, reporting skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills, team-working skills
• Presentation skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision
• Detail oriented, ability to maintain timeline
• Achievement oriented
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• General proficiency in forecasting techniquesEducation and Experience:
1) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
2) At least 3 years of experience in a Sales or Sales Engineer role is preferred
3) Preferred applicants will have Automotive and/or Industrial sales related experience
4) Japanese proficiency (speak, read, write) is highly preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Internal office environment including the typical office items such as a phone, computer, and desk while at HCA office. Additional time will be needed at customer sites usually in meeting rooms. Occasionally, it will be necessary to visit a factory environment for customer audits or similar visits.
Carrying computer bag or sample parts (<20lbs) may be necessary. Otherwise, there are no unusual physical requirements of the position.
Regular Full Time role
Ability to travel up to 3-4 times per month
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.