The NAS Technical Consultant must be a motivated individual who can identify the tasks, which need to be performed and perform them independently. Technically the NAS Technical Consultant is expected to maintain a functional degree of knowledge in all areas of NAS administration, using multiple vendor technologies, in highly complex and rapidly changing environments.
Key Responsibilities/ Performance Requirements:
• Troubleshooting and end-to-end resolution of identified (hardware/software/configuration) issues, including failed disk drives, power supplies, performance, capacity, connectivity, transmission errors.
• Coordination and/or installation/implementation of new NAS equipment.
• Creation and administration of fabric configurations such as device aliases/fcaliases, zones and zonesets.
• Creation and administration of RAID groups, storage groups, aggregates, volumes, LUNs and the provisioning of these to client hosts (Windows, UNIX, ESX)
• Creation and administration of Multi-Protocol File Shares (CIFS, NFS.)
• Decommissioning of NAS Filers including data destruction methods
• Migration of NAS filers via like to like replication, or 3'rd party tools such as Robocopy, EMCopy or Rsync
• Perform all functions of an enterprise NAS environment including data protection, backups, archiving and snapshots, de-duplication and replication.
• Must have at least 5 years of solid NAS administration experience in enterprise NAS environments with greater than 10PB's of NAS
• In-depth knowledge in NAS storage subsystems: EMC: VMAX, VNX, ISILON NetApp NS Series Filers, and HNAS
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Must be Able to create, analyze, modify and improve technical procedures and technical documents
• Able to write technical reports, procedures and correspondence that are clearly understood.
Education and Background:
• BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional experience.
• 3-5 years of experience with enterprise storage platforms with 3-5 years of experience in Hitachi preferred
• Experience with enterprise Fiber Channel storage networks with 4-5 years of experience in Cisco environments