Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing and deploying network LAN, WAN, firewall - VPN solutions across a global infrastructure. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements.
Role location: Springfield, VA (onsite 5 days per week)
- • Provide project management and engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phase. Collaborates across multiple disciplines. Ensure implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to standards and best practices.
• Develop standards-based network designs for individual projects as well as enterprise solutions.
• Performs proactive management, configuration and monitoring of the network infrastructure and network systems (e.g., circuits, firewalls, switches, routers, VPN).
• Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the latest stable code
• Recommends and implements network standards to support the enterprise network infrastructure.
• Evaluation and analysis of new technologies (or upgrades to existing technologies) and products with an emphasis on improving service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation recommendations.
• Conducts routine capacity planning and identifies recommendations on network infrastructure and network systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex networks, analyze configurations and perform packet analysis. Perform root cause analysis and implement resolution.
• Maintain inventory of networking hardware and software.
• Produce quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle by producing design, deployment and operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure deployments and systems (architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting, disaster recovery)
• Ability to work effectively as a local/remote team member providing support to local and remote locations as needed.
General OSE Services:
• Tuning and optimization of HVF and Legacy Brocade (Extreme/Arris/Broadcom/HCL) - products software release planning and documentation
• Onsite contact for support and product escalations
• Assistance with installation of software upgrades
• Assistance with capturing data collections required for problem determination
• Collect HVF and Legacy Brocade product's SAN/NET Health data on a regular basis to facilitate trend analysis
• Provide Onsite HVF and Legacy Brocade (Legacy Brocade hardware is made up of:
o Extreme/Arris/Broadcom/HCL hardware) technical product expertise to augment IT staff resources and skills
• Perform proactive maintenance and support to optimize HVF and Legacy Brocade product environments
• Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve End User issues
• Provide knowledge transfer on HVF and Legacy Brocade products to IT staff
• Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to HVF and Legacy Brocade: product technical support teams, Support Account Manager (SAM) and End Users
• Utilization of HVF and Legacy Brocade tools to test and repair HVF and Legacy Brocade: products and equipment
• Other support activities as mutually agreed in connection with the HVF and Legacy Brocade products Lead onsite educational knowledge transfer workshops, specifically once per quarter for locations where an OSE is present, to expand the knowledge and skill set of internal IP Network designers and administrators.
• Audit and evaluate current IP Network deployments, providing recommendations on design, configuration, and code.
• Provide onsite assistance for deployment of new technologies, and network modifications.
• Provide and review best practice recommendations for architecture, design, management and operation of the End User's HVF and Legacy Brocade infrastructure.
• Operate and manage the End User's HVF and Legacy Brocade: Extreme/Arris/Broadcom infrastructure.
• Improve infrastructure monitoring and reporting capabilities based on the deployment of HVF and Legacy Brocade: management software.
• Assist in the delivery of HVF Legacy Brocade technology proof of concepts.
• Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation relating to the HVF and Legacy Brocade infrastructure within the End User environment.
• Assess the End User's HVF and Legacy Brocade infrastructure and make recommendation to Partner on improvement and optimization.
• Cleared at TS/SCI level
• Certifications (minimum one): BCNP, BPIPA, BIPM, BEIPA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS-ENT
• Ability to lead complex, large-scale network projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing.
• 10 years combined experience with: networking, firewalls, best practices / standards, security / STIG requirements, design life cycle and documentation
• In-depth experience and understanding of L3 protocols to include MPLS VPN, BGP, OSPF, QoS, IP Addressing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls, multicast (PIM-SM / PIM-DM) and L2 protocols such as spanning tree, RSTP, MSTP, IGMP, 802.1x.
• In-depth experience with load-balancing methodologies and application delivery controllers (Brocade, F5, Cisco, Citrix)
• Must have design and deployment experience with Cisco/Brocade/Juniper routing and switching products, as well as, firewall experience (Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto firewall)
• Experience with network management platforms (ie. Solarwinds, BNA, Network Node Manager, etc.) and protocols such as SNMP, Sflow, Netconf Software defined networking is a plus.
• Certifications (at least one): BCNP, BPIPA, BIPM, BEIPA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS-ENT
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be necessary
• Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.