Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Manager (Equipment & Sales Support)
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC or Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the implementation of the company commercial strategy
- Ensure in collaboration with qualification and proposal units - the execution of all bidding/qualification activities up to the delegated authority (e.g.: bid/no bid decision, bid strategy, proposal submission decision, orders negotiation and signature)
- Ensure the acquisition and reporting of relevant market information in order to optimize the sales activities for the assigned geographical areas like investment priorities, political environment, competitor profile, required technologies, etc. in the countries/customers.
- Ensure the definition and maintenance of key clients, partners, competitors' data base with key data information for the assigned countries/customers.
- Support the definition and implementation of the bidding prioritization framework
- Support all required negotiation activities/support required by ongoing Purchase Orders.
- Assist with component requests for quotes
- Assist with part numbers list of equipment, work with Engineering to facilitate minor modifications to match customers' specifications.
- Manage forecasting for account executives as assigned.
- Manage inventory levels
- Gain technical knowledge of Hitachi Products and Services
- Equipment Sales and Support
- Manage the Customer Response System
- Track on time delivery (OTD)
- Provide an interface between customer and manufacturing
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Technical Background
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SAP
- Strong communication skills and positive phone presence
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex Government Specifications and Contracts
Bachelor's degree Education:
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.