Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Installation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from technical to administrative and strategic. The candidate will define and manage the Engineering Installation integration design for all the wayside equipment and installation scope of work which includes installation interface processes between the different sub-systems as well as the third parties (e.g. civil, utilities, etc.). The position is based in Toronto, Canada. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
- Coordinate with integration leads and rail system design leads throughout the delivery phases of projects to define and finalize installation interfaces and drawings;
- Prepare standard installation method statements and drawings;
- Support cross-functional teams to successfully complete the product adaptation and installation obligations on time, with the objective of maximizing customer satisfaction while incorporating all appropriate governance processes;
- Managing the designer of raceways and room layout to make sure all subsystems inputs are taken into considerations, leading the integrated design process until client acceptance
- Provide designs at a level of competence of being in responsible charge of the design; stamp and seal documents; field technical questions; peer review of designs
- Develop plan layout, sections and erection drawings for the technical rooms
- Consult with several departments through completion of drafting to ensure expectations are met
- Work with architects and construction managers during the construction process in order to update the design
- Own design projects to completion
- Establish and meet timelines and deadlines supporting the project during the delivery phase
- Demonstrate strong understanding of interface processes between civil works and rail sub-systems within transportation/mass transit;
- Demonstrate a proven record of successful project completion;
- Operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- Possess strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines and are self-motivated;
- Possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to stay organized and maintain project records;
- Written and verbal English communication skills;
- Must be able to proficiently use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) (Autodesk Revit or 3D software are considered a plus);
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering; a Master's degree will be considered an asset;
- Possess at least five (5) years' experience with installation projects;
- Must have the rights to work in Canada.
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience;
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations;
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems preferred
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally as required per business needs.
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English-Proficient Spanish - (would be considered an asset) Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.