Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Installation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA
. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS,
we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges. We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. The Project:
The position is based San Francisco, CA. Our project will increase the capacity of the transit authority's Transbay Tube, the most heavily traveled part of the system between San Francisco and Oakland for some 118 million passengers annually. Join the team that will help improve the system's overall reliability, and maintainability, reducing costs while increasing the frequency of trains in the Bay area. Accountabilities:
• Coordinate with integration leads and rail system design leads throughout the delivery phases of projects to define and finalize installation interfaces and drawings;
• Prepare standard installation drawings, developing plan layout, sectional detailed drawings for installing the technical equipment;
• Support cross-functional teams to successfully complete the product adaptation and installation obligations on time, with the objective of maximizing customer satisfaction while incorporating all appropriate governance processes;
• Managing the designer of raceways and room layout to make sure all subsystems inputs are taken into considerations, leading the integrated design process until client acceptance;
• Provide comments and criticism to the design from subcontractors and other subsystems in order to fulfill the EI scope of work; stamp and seal the final documents; answer to technical questions; execute peer review of designs;
• Consult with the subsystems WPLs through completion of drafting to ensure design expectations are met;
• Work with the construction managers during the construction process in order to update the design based on the field conditions;
• Establish and meet timelines and deadlines supporting the project during the delivery phase;
• Survey field locations and gather information for the existing infrastructure to complete the design. Required Skills/Knowledge:
• Demonstrate strong understanding of interface processes between civil works and rail sub-systems within transportation/mass transit;
• Demonstrate a proven record of successful project completion;
• Operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
• Possess strong organizational and prioritization skills;
• Demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines and are self-motivated;
• Possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
• Ability to stay organized and maintain project records;
• Written and verbal English communication skills;
• Must be able to proficiently use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) (Autodesk Revit or 3D software are considered a plus);
• Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering; a Master's degree will be considered an asset;
• Possess at least five (5) years' experience with installation projects;
• Must have the rights to work in US. Desired Skills/Knowledge:
• Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience for brown fields;
• Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations;
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems preferred;
• Willingness to spend some time in the Headquarter office in Pittsburgh at the beginning of the project. Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Languages:
• English-Proficient Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/