Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Achievement of the delivery of design work packages on schedule and in accordance with the planned budget
- Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, CTC, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders
- Prioritization and monitoring of Engineering Design status, and execution of tasks within functional areas that includes engineering and engineering support activities
- Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Ensure that project objectives are communicated to the project team and monitors that all technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule
- Ensure that correct Configuration Management (including document management and transmittal process) is always in place
- Responsible for the Engineering Solution
- Minimum 5 years' experience as project engineer or lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications
- Signaling, rail or rail transit domain experience required
- Knowledge of Wayside Engineering products, technology, and project deliverables
- Prior experience with basic Project Management:
- Maintaining and controlling budget
- Schedule monitoring/development,
- Maintaining risk register
- Resource and task management
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Prefer prior experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Experience with providing leadership in either a functional management or project management role
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.