Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Train and Stations Manager to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City/Honolulu, HI. Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to manage the Station and Trains operations employees in order to provide a safe, reliable, world class, customer focused train service. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates service plans and station operation to ensure a customer friendly environment.
• Investigates and reports Operations incidents and accidents.
• Ensure that the safety procedures, policies and rules are followed by all staff.
• Takes appropriate action to correct performance and maintain established schedules in case of particular emergency or delay.
• Directs staff in completion of tasks as designated by assignment sheets and/or needs
• Assist with hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplinary action.
• Assist in the preparation of safety procedures, rules and regulations for field operations; participate in emergency situations involving vehicles, equipment and passengers; notify appropriate persons in the event of emergency.
• Ensures the safe operation of service delivery and customer service.
• Be aware and adhere to all departmental/operational/HR/Quality procedures and instructions.
• Ensure that quality is embedded into the delivery of all work in line with established policies, systems, plans, procedures and work instructions.
• Be aware and adhere to timekeeping and rostering procedures.
• Report all incidents and accidents immediately through appropriate reporting channels and take action to isolate any hazards and risks
Required Skills and Experience:
• A holder of Bachelor's degree preferred or high school diploma with a minimum of 5 years rail managerial experience and/or a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and while working under pressure.
• Must be able to navigate through Microsoft Word, Excel, understand Access as well as general typing skills.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience of field service operations managing more than twenty field employees.
• Monitors and Control through OCC workstations Train operations and maintenance Vehicles
• Monitors and Control through SCADA workstation, remote equipment including but not limited to:
• Performs manual intervention and adjustment of Train operations as required
• Ensure daily work is conducted in accordance to the applicable regulations, rules, standards and operational procedures related to railway safety
• Responsible for understanding and utilizing control room operation policies, restrictions and plans
• Willing to work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• A minimum of two (2) years' experience in a similar position
• Ability to perform assigned duty in critical situations
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/jobs/