Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Mechanical Maintenance (Summer Internship) ROLE :
This role must learn/utilize education to support and assist with troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and equipment repairs to maintain our state of the art facility. RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate the ability to comply with departmental safety policies and guidelines.
- Participate in WF's 6S program (housekeeping).
- Learn company process control documents and Departmental Work Instructions (DWIs).
- Learn/assist mechanics to make repairs and perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- May do fabrication, installation, basic construction type work or other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience Requirements :
- Actively pursuing a certificate or degree in a Maintenance related field
- Willingness to work flexible schedule
- Good oral communication skills
- Problem Solving/Troubleshooting
- Dependable and responsible
- Positive work attitude
- Must understand or learn the concepts and support the following:
- Power Transmission Repair
- Machine Repair
- Blueprint Reading
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, references verification, pre-employment drug screening, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Pursuing a certificate or degree in Maintenance related field