Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Hitachi Vantara is currently investing in its IT Outsourcing Practice which is growing rapidly in Europe. As part of this, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Oracle BI Consultant to join us, based in Portugal.
An opportunity exists for a BI Consultant to join our ITO practice which provides functional, technical, DBA and infrastructure remote and on-site support to the global client base of Hitachi Consulting. The candidate will have OBIEE as their main area of technical expertise.Responsibilities
Successful candidates will recognize the need for pragmatic application of their technical expertise, with the ability to problem solve allied to an ability to express their opinions to decision makers, forming the core of their skill set.
The main responsibilities relate to the management and maintenance of Data Warehouse and Analytics solutions.
- To support and develop Oracle BI solutions on customer data as part of an overall Team
- To work closely with customers, to understand their needs, and offer the best solution following the best practices
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk;
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation;
- Working as part of a wider architectural team to ensure the feasibility of the end to end client solution and its alignment to the future technical and business direction of client
- Performing standardised and bespoke technical activities during the deployment and support of client environments.
- Creating and maintaining client specific technical documentation
- Performs various technical and process analysis activities to gather required information for the resolution of an issue
- Providing design and specification development support to consultants
- Responding to functional and technical elements of requests for information
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools
- Resolving customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives
- Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation and perform after hours support, as needed
- Working on 24 x 7 shifts, when team size permits
- Working with teams and clients across multiple geographies (India, UK, Iberia, Vietnam and US)
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. Successful applicants will have worked across the full project lifecycle for a consulting or system integrator, working in an environment where they have taken appropriate accountability of estimates, design, implementation and operation. Essential Skills
- Strong experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE 11c/12g)
- OBIEE reporting and dynamic dashboards development
- Repository design, management and administration
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with ETL process design, development and monitoring (ODI 11 preferred but not essential)
- Basic UNIX commands and navigation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in building robust ETL (Star schemas, slow changing dimensions) models
- Appreciation of data management and data quality
- Thorough understanding of BI/DWH concepts and methods
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Good communication skills, trustworthy team player
- Experience with ODI or other ETL tools
- Experience of automated systems monitoring and alerting products
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Experience working in managed services
- Experience with OBIA
- Strong understanding of Kimball Data Warehouse design methodologies
- Experience working with cloud platforms
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employee's work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required. Travel will be required for this role in line with business requirements.
Hours of work will be in line with Business need and flexible to cover the requirements of the Support team rota