This position will be responsible for preventative and unscheduled maintenance of Hitachi’s E.C.R. Etching Systems at customer facilities throughout the United States and international. Field Service Engineers (FSE) will be responsible to maintain the following sub systems; electronic, electrical, electro-magnetic, mechanical, pneumatic, vacuum, microwave, radio frequency, gas delivery, and wafer transfer systems.
FSEs report to customers’ sites as needed. The FSE must be willing to work overtime upon request. Field engineers will interface with site coordinator to perform preventative an unscheduled maintenance.
- The FSE is responsible for addressing all service-related issues at customer sites and providing training to customers and new field engineers.
- The FSE provides technical guidance to junior field engineers and customers.
- The FSE is responsible for performing system installations at customer sites and completing field service documentation utilized for tracking system reliability and customer billing.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR
- Associate's degree in related
field preferred (or)
- Equivalent combination of
education and work experience
AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Should have 1 to
3 years’ experience repairing semiconductor manufacturing equipment (preferably
in etch). The candidate should also possess a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic.
(On time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong
preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.)
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with management, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate information to customers and manager regarding service activities and schedules.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry as applied to our
- Experience using digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, hand tools and computers.
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures defined by the customer and company.
- Demonstrate ability to perform selected routine service support (preventive maintenance and basic corrective maintenance) on various etch chamber(s) measured by skills proficiency matrix.
AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
interface and communication skills are necessary for this position.
- Must be
able to resolve difficult technical issues and devise long term plans to
resolve ongoing service related issues at customer sites.
- The ability to work from schematics using various test equipment and mathematical calculations specific to electronics.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, service department personnel and others.
- Electronics, Mechanical and Computer skills.
- Equipment specific operation skills.
- Ability to provide preventive maintenance and basic emergency service on specified instruments.
Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities