Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
The IT Support Engineer role is responsible for providing Desktop and Technology Operations support services to end users primarily based in the Singapore ADC [Asia Pacific Distribution Center]. This is a warehouse location with approximately 50 staff. As a member of the IT Desktop Operations APAC team, you will also engage in support and activities in region. The candidate role is to ensure proper end user computer operations to maintain consistent service for internal customers to accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving requests. Problem resolution may involve researching the problem, the use of diagnostic tools, hands-on assistance and knowing when and how to escalate problems to global support groups. The candidate is responsible to make effective use of available technical resources and provide the service within established service levels. The candidate will be performing installs, moves, adds and change (IMAC), SCCM/client management, Procurement and Asset management for Singapore ADC IT requirements. The candidate will utilize their knowledge of Printers, Barcode Scanners, Networking, Telecom, Audio Visual, Server, Infrastructure and Microsoft Applications to holistically and directly support the ADC IT environment. The candidate must understand and apply corporate standards for security, applications and support.Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Manage ServiceNow incident and request workflows by taking ownership, prioritizing incoming work, and delivering services meeting defined Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Deploy software through SCCM 2012; SCCM Reporting using Microsoft SQL; Supporting Win10 and limited Apple MacOS; Supporting O365, Teams and Skype for Business, amongst other technologies.
- Interface with third-party support and equipment vendors. Procurement, Shipping and Asset Management work.
- Apply professional English business and technical writing skills to create or enhance documents, procedures or results from testing and evaluation work.
- Provide IT advice and training to staff and management in line with company guidelines, policy and standards.
- English language proficiency, verbal and written, is essential. Ability to communicate in Mandarin beneficial but not essential [for China site backup support].
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience or expose to Oracle software, logistics operations and ITIL best practice valued.
- Experience with Barcode printers and wired/wireless scan guns.
- Associate Degree or University degree in information technology or at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Windows 10 highly desired. A+ certification desired.
- Must demonstrate proven experience with PowerShell scripting, Log file analysis, Active Directory, Networking Fundamentals and SCCM.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Experience in office move/renovation activities covering the infrastructure platform is desired.
- Excellent customer relations and customer support skills with leadership capability. High degree of interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment.
- Valued - Apple MacOS support experience; Service Now experience.
- The position may require some travel to remote offices -lt; 10%.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Will be required to work reasonable additional hours for the proper performance of your duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.