Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
This role is primarily responsible for ensuring the accounting for the project-based engagements supported by the various services functions globally are recorded timely and accurately.
A. Billing activities
1. Obtain the relevant consumption reports and ensure customer invoices are generated accurately, timely, and properly accounted for.
2. Ensure that project codes are consistently applied to transactions to enable accurate reporting of project revenue and costs.
3. Coordinate and liaise with Service Delivery teams to ensure that discrepancies in billings are addressed.
4. Ensure that all related Managed Services accounting journals are prepared, reviewed and posted accurately and timely in Oracle. This includes revenue entries and cost adjustments.
B. Balance sheet reconciliation review
1. Review relevant balance sheet reconciliations for the related Managed Services accounts (i.e. Fixed Assets, Fixed Assets Depreciation, Inventory) to ensure that any discrepancies are identified and corrected timely.
C. Month end close activities
1. Coordinate and ensure that all Managed Services activities in the month end close process are performed according to the prescribed checklist and timeline.
2. Liaise with Local Country Finance team regarding month end close activity, in order to obtain information in respect of accruals and adjustments and to facilitate the review and approval of actual amounts.
D. Analysis and reporting
1. Ensure that relevant monthly and quarterly reporting packages are prepared, analyzed, and submitted to relevant parties in a timely manner for review and approval.
E. Documentation control
1. Maintain all relevant documentation in line with the compliance and SOX requirements
2. Ensure proper back up and archiving of documentation for easy reference and access.
3. Update of Desktop Procedure documents to reflect changes to process flows as and when changes are effected.
F. Other activities
1. Maintain ongoing engagement with Services Delivery teams, Krakow Managed Services Team and local country Business Analysts to keep abreast on the development of new projects and discussions of ongoing projects to ensure that matters are resolved timely.
2. Ensure that all matters related to year end statutory audit and tax filing are attended to in a timely manner and in compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements.
3. Ensure that any new finance processes (e.g. in respect of extension of service) are effectively implemented.
4. Any other tasks which may be assigned as required.
- Global Finance Shared Services functional teams;
- Local Country Finance team;
- FP-A teams;
- Services Delivery Team;
- Finance and Business Analysts
- Corporate Inventory - Intercompany team
- Tax team
- External Auditors
- Tax AgentsQualifications:
- Minimum 3 years as a qualified accountant with Financial Accounting experience especially period closing in a Financial Shared Services Centre environment with excellent proficiency in accounting standards, especially in Fixed Asset activity.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Professional accounting degree (i.e. ACCA, CPA).
- Experienced in working with multiple countries and cultures across different geographies as well as with Corporate and Regional offices.
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts, policies and procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Proactive and capable to provide suggestions on solutions with regards to different accounting treatments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English. Proficiency in other languages is desirable.
- Experienced in Oracle ERP, Hyperion and Anaplan will be an added advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.