Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
Hitachi Vantara is seeking an experienced Product Manager to drive the roadmap for its Data Networking Product portfolio. The role will focus on defining and driving features and have responsibility for market analysis, technology trends, roadmap, feature prioritization and requirements definition. This person will play a significant role in the business and resulting technology decisions for Data Network product lines.Responsibilities:
Three major categories of job function are:
Primary Qualification and Experience:
- Launch product lines from Partners and Third-Party Suppliers
- Identify new markets, new products, emerging technologies and build/strengthen partnerships with leading SAN product providers in the market to enhance Hitachi Vantara's network product portfolio.
- Experience with competitive analysis for Fiber Channel and IP storage products in question is required. Your duties may involve evaluating third party and open source software, interacting with various other Engineering teams and working with network hardware vendors.
- Identify customer problems in the target market segments and translate these into market requirements and use cases. Work with Marketing team to develop Market Requirements Documents (MRD) and author Product Requirements Documents (PRD) to describe features and enhancements aligned with product strategy. Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements based on business and customer needs.
- Regularly study market trends and competitive products, understand competition's value-positioning, and recommend product strategies to build a portfolio that wins against competition. Prepare presentations, white papers, and comparative charts showing Hitachi's value-add and present during customer meetings, trade shows and executive briefings.
- Manage lifecycle of all products in Data Network Portfolio.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the assigned product(s) and solutions. These may include SAN/WAN/IP products.
- Create and maintain business plans for assigned products
- Work closely with product marketing, sales and field teams to develop various sales enablement tools and perform competitive analysis. Work with Product Support organization to ensure support readiness of solutions and gather information to improve serviceability and reliability of the products.
- Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for new products, upgrades, and revisions and coordinate with a cross-functional team toward successful product launch/update.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Master's degree in EE/CE/CS or MBA a plus.
- 5-10+ years' experience, with at least 3 years in Product Management or Systems Engineering in an IT company.
- Deep technical understanding of date center networking and storage environments, deployments and use cases. Expertise in software defined networking, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, IP and Converged Ethernet networks is required. Familiarity with network technology (L3-4, L2 over L3, routing, load balancing, peer to peer, SDN, Openflow, and monitoring).
- Candidate must be conversant in IETF standards related to data center bridging, data center to SAN, data center to NAS, Software Defined Networking, Open Flow Control architecture. Subject matter expert in the area of SDN with an understanding of the market dynamics and competition. Experience in network design, especially for SAN and IP networks.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
Position is based in California, United States. Ability to travel about 25% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.