Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate FPGA Designer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the hardware lifecycle, according to company standard processes (IMS)
- Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete HW solution (components, documentation and tools), including design against obsolescence, and Product Production Issues
- Support on the definition and ensure the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function
- Assist in troubleshoot product applications in all the product lifecycle phases
- Assist with testing and troubleshooting the manufacturing process
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience in FPGA design development and verification
- Experience in hardware description language (VHDL or Verilog, VHDL preferred)
- Knowledge of hardware design using Altera or Xilinx for soft-core FPGA design tools
- Experience with application of soft-core processor IPs (such as Nios or Zynq) and SoC design
- Circuit design
- Demonstrate adequate verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- FPGA design development and verification, in a safety critical environment.
- Experience with both Altera And Xilinx platforms
- Knowledge of hardware design using Altium Designer or similar programs
Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.