Job ID: 44901
Date Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Human Resources
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Head of HR, Americas
Company: Hitachi Rail
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi Rail (http://hitachirail.com/) is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Hitachi Rail is searching for a high performing HR Director with a proven success story. The Head of HR, Americas will act as the Business Partner for regional business leaders. The Head of HR, Americas will also manage the local HR teams, ensuring the regional implementation and full compliance with global HR company processes and policies. The position will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
In alignment with the Hitachi Rail global strategy, guidelines and long terms business objectives, the accountabilities of the Head of HR, Americas will include:
· Management of regional Labor contracts, collective bargaining and union relationships.
· Regional HR operations implementation in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and legal standards and in alignment with company people strategy and global values.
· Regional implementation of company global processes in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Management, coordination and supervision of the regional HR team(s) and the relevant company KPIs.
· Preparation and management of the approved budget in alignment with company objectives and strategic goals.
· Counsel employees on issues related to EEO, ADA, performance, and termination guidelines and ensuring legal compliance in employee disciplinary actions as well as fairness and equal treatment.
· Management of regional payroll activities in accordance with employment contracts.
· Support and management of onboarding new employees, employer branding and recruitment activities in alignment with global processes, policies and guidelines.
· Implementation of global processes related to organization management, people development, performance management as well as any development and training needs.
· Implementation of compensation and benefit policies in accordance with global processes and guidelines
· Management of retention programs for employees, in accordance with company processes and guidelines.
· Provide support to regional managers and employees on day-to-day issues.
· Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
· A minimum of 10 years of work experience as a Regional HR Manager for an international and global company.
· A proven HR leader with international experience in a complex, multi-cultural environment would be the ideal candidate.
· Deep knowledge of US labor regulations.
· Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of the organization, in a diverse, global environment.
· Adoption of company strategy and targets and alignment to regional HR operations and business objectives.
· Strong communicator with an open-door policy for employees and proven experience building relationships with external customers/stakeholders on all levels of the organization in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to work effectively with a remote team.
· Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail; a problem-solving and drive for success approach multi-tasking daily, managing priorities.
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills; fluent in English.
· Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.