Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes!The Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing Americas, this sourcing professional will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of IT categories including hardware, software and telecom for the Americas region. This sourcing professional will also have some responsibility for global category project execution.Responsibilities
- As an individual contributor, this sourcing professional will serve as a trusted business advisor to stakeholders, providing best-in-class technical consulting from a sourcing and external benchmark/industry perspective.
- Develop robust competitive bids with stakeholder collaboration and perform the analysis required to select suppliers and solutions
- Use data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to provide guidance in the development and execution of sourcing and category strategies, contributing to improved profits and cash flows.
- Manage the development and execution of sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Hitachi Vantara as well as the specific business function.
- Review contractual terms and conditions, negotiate and draft language to reflect favorable terms and mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain a best in class global preferred supply base for respective area of responsibility.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on a variety of contracts, to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to Hitachi Vantara.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships with cross functional/cross business impact covering multiple geographies within the Americas.
- Lead or assist with the development of process documentation associated with key process. improvement leveraging diverse ideas and expertise for category progression.
- BS (Business or Finance) and/or equivalent experience.
- 4 - 7 years' experience in Indirect Procurement sourcing and category management.
- Solid understanding of basic procurement law with correlating ability to author/negotiate/oversee: master supply agreements, professional services agreements, statements of work, change requests, amendments.
- Subject matter expertise in one of the following categories: IT (preferred), Facilities, Marketing, Human Resources, or Finance.
- Demonstrated track record of leading the sourcing process, working with stakeholders across businesses and geographies.
- Proven ability to communicate, influence and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Strong business acumen, including good strategy, financial and operational skills.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to drive and close multiple complex, high risk projects across business functions and geographies.
- Excellent negotiations skills with the ability to negotiate large volume, high risk deals independently.
- Strong supplier management skills.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite), specially Excel.
- Experience working in eSourcing tool environment a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
Holding certifications in the below is a plus
- Able to navigate a fast-paced multi-national environment with personnel from all over the many regions and will seek to foster excellent working relationships.
- Must be well organized, confident in navigating demands from stakeholders, a natural self-starter with a willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies, whilst employing excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- This role may require infrequent travel to key markets (2-4 trips per year).
- Procurement related certifications through ISM, American Purchasing Society or other recognized entity.
- Project Management
- Legal and commercial negotiations
- Position to be located in Englewood, Colorado. No relocation assistance available.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.