Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. The Project:
The position is based San Francisco, CA. Our project will increase the capacity of the transit authority's Transbay Tube, the most heavily traveled part of the system between San Francisco and Oakland for some 118 million passengers annually. Join the team that will help improve the system's overall reliability, and maintainability, reducing costs while increasing the frequency of trains in the Bay area. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Analyze customer supplied system specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products
- Create requirement documents, including high level design documents, interface control design documents and detailed software requirements and specifications, and requirements traceability documents.
- Be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life-cycle of the project and act as technical liaison relative to the software development effort with other departments within the company working on the same project.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Possess 5+ years of experience as a systems engineer or business analyst for a large, complex software application
- Be able to demonstrate prior experience:
- Writing clear, measurable, testable software requirements
- Eliciting information from multiple sources and creating requirements for a software solution that satisfies all inputs
- Decomposing customer and internal systems specifications into software requirement specifications
- Acting as a technical liaison with end-user clients during the development of software requirements, designs, and test procedures
- Creating large and complex Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) documents including Interface Control Design Documentation (ICDD) and Software Architecture Design (SAD) documents
- Creating a Requirement Traceability Matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications
- Using requirement management systems, software configuration management tools, and MS Office suite
- Possess experience in software development
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent presentation skills and time management
- Possess excellent leadership skills in motivating project/product personnel towards a common goal
- Possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions
- Have the ability to think strategically in groups to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions
- Experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Experience with DOORS
- Experience in an Agile environment
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/