Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SYSTEM ENGINEER/ PRODUCT OWNER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in JACKSONVILLE, FL or PITTSBURGH, PA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Perform needs assessments by collaborating with customers to understand and derive requirements for the dispatching system.
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products.
- Be a technical interface to the customer throughout the life-cycle of the project and act as technical liaison with other departments within the company.
- Contribute to the creation of requirement documents, including interface control documents, requirements traceability documents, and validation test procedures for freight railroad dispatching systems.
- Participate in proposal development.
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
- As needed, provide on-call support for a mission-critical system on weekends or after hours.
- You will be part of a global, cross functional team focused on delivering results to our customers.
- You will be challenged to learn the rail domain and the continually advancing technologies that foster innovative solutions for our customers.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Possess 2-5 years of experience as a systems engineer or business analyst for software applications.
- Ability to write clear, measurable, testable software requirements.
- Experience using MS Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Lifelong learner that shares, puts into practice, and teaches what you learn.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications.
- Experience interfacing/communicating with external customers.
- Experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work.
- Experience creating a Requirement Traceability Matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications.
- Experience using requirement management systems and configuration management tools and processes.
- SQL/Relational Database Knowledge.
- Knowledge/understanding of Enterprise Messaging Systems (e.g. IBM MQ/ActiveMQ).
- Knowledge/Understanding of Microservices, Restful Web Services, REST APIs, and technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot.
- Experience in version control (Git, RTC, SVN).
- Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background.
- Languages: English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/