Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Installation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Coordinate with integration leads and rail system design leads throughout the BID phases to define and finalize installation interfaces and drawings;
- Understanding the Engineering Installation needs in order to include them in the design development
- Prepare standard installation drawings, developing plan layout, sectional detailed drawings for installing the technical equipment;
- Collecting all the subsystems inputs and integrate them in order to define all the risks and the assumptions;
- Understanding the contractual documents in order to extrapolate the EI requirements and to fulfill them;
- Consult with the subsystems WPLs, PE and PM through completion of drafting to ensure design expectations are met;
- Work with the civil partner during the BID definition process in order to update the design;
- Establish and meet timelines and deadlines supporting the project during all the phases;
- Possess at least five (5) years' experience with installation projects;
- Demonstrate strong understanding of interface processes between civil works and rail sub-systems within transportation/mass transit;
- Demonstrate a proven record of successful project completion;
- Operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- Possess strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines and are self-motivated;
- Possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to stay organized and maintain project records;
- Written and verbal English communication skills;
- Must be able to proficiently use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) (Autodesk Revit or 3D software are considered a plus);
- Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Civil or Systems Engineering; a Master's degree will be considered an asset;
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience for brown fields;
- Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations;
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems preferred;
Associate engineer or technical degree Languages:
Spanish - (would be considered an asset) Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/