Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Communications Technical Administrator to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
Who We Are:
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective.
- To oversee the operations and correct functioning of the Communications systems and central equipment to meet the performance requirements in the contract.
- To perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities on the central Communications systems.
- To support field technicians in the diagnosis and correction of faults.
- Coordinates with the Engineering Fault Controller and provides forecasts on the time to repair Communications systems faults.
- Completes assigned operational, equipment failure, safety and other reports as required.
- Participates in training of Communications Systems technicians.
- Performs related duties as required.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, and physical harm when conducting field surveys and when working in the field.
• Role requires extended hours nightshift / weekend work typical of major infrastructure projects and operating transit systems.
• Communication by email, telephone or in person with co-workers.
• Ensure appropriate handovers are in place between team members at end of shift to ensure continuity of service and delivery.
• Submit any scheduled reports or documentation required to supervisors or line managers as directed.
• Ensure that management systems and tools are used responsibly and accurately, ensuring reporting timelines are met for data input.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• A holder of Associate Degree in Communications of Electronic Engineering
• Expert knowledge in communications systems
• Experience in IT hardware and software and the use/interpretation of schematics, wiring diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturers' maintenance instructions and to comprehend the operations and maintenance of communications system
• Minimum 5 years of experience in maintaining communications systems or equivalent education and work experience.
• Ability to use and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturers' maintenance instructions, Operating Book of Rules, etc. and to comprehend the operations and maintenance of MSF (Maintenance Storage Facilities) and stations mechanical and electrical equipment systems.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• BA/BS Degree
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.