Payroll SpecialistThe Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes!The Role
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this position will prepare and process multi-state payroll for US and Canadian employees from start to finish. Utilizing the Ceridian Dayforce payroll systems this Payroll Specialist will ensure their assigned group of employee payroll is processed timely and accurately.
The position will also review and audit payroll data to ensure accuracy of all transactions and to support, as needed other leads, to ensure timely execution of all payroll in North America.
This role will possess solid knowledge of payroll laws and regulations and have demonstrated basic level payroll technical skills in a variety of areas including, payroll processing, reporting, account reconciliations and performance of key business controls.
The Payroll Specialist will ensure that company and department policies and procedures are followed, and that payroll is processed timely, accurately and in compliance with USGAAP, government regulations and key business control requirements.
The person in this role needs to have great attention to detail and ability to meet strict payroll processing and month-end deadlines. The role must be able to handle and manage sensitive and confidential information with the utmost professionalism and act with the highest ethical standards.
In addition, the Payroll Specialist must be able to effectively interact with cross-functional groups across the organization including Human Resources, Accounting, Tax and IT. This role will provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers and demonstrate a sense of urgency in their responses yet maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
The role will also support various department projects and initiatives to ensure efficiency and accuracy of the organization's activities.Responsibilities
- Responsible for payroll processing of a subset of employees on a semi-monthly, multi-state basis for employees in the US and Canada. utilizing the Ceridian Dayforce payroll systems
- Will be using Oracle to download timecards and time reports
- Perform file upload/interfaces
- Upload, balance and reconcile commission, bonus payments and misc. payments files
- Audit of payroll transactions from HR/Payroll interface, data entry changes and worksheets entries before and after payroll transmission
- Payroll processing for the Japanese expat employees
- Distribute payroll reports every pay cycle
- Assist on the research of account reconciliations items every month
- Document payroll procedures and update them as changes occur
- Assist with the audit requests from the External and Internal Audit Teams
- Reconciliation of hand checks created during pay period and clearing of stale dated checks by performing stop payments/reissuance
- Support internal and external payroll inquiries as necessary by performing the necessary research and responding appropriately
- Handle basic aspects of processing payroll including wage garnishments, leave of absence calculations and expatriate transactions
- Prepare manual checks as needed
- Assist with year-end close tasks and review of the W-2 and T-4 information
- 3-5 years of multi-state payroll processing experience
- Strong experience preferred on Ceridian Dayforce payroll system
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Solid knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
- High attention to detail customer service oriented
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Flexibility to work extended hours including potentially weekends during peak times such as year-end
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid MS Office and Excel skills
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with multiple varied internal/external groups/organizations.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Solid communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with some supervision
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.