Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER-CONTINUOUS DELIVERY
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in PITTSBURGH
. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
The predominant responsibility for this role is to transform the continuous delivery environment for the Freight Rail operation into a more effective environment, ultimately increasing the quality of deployments as well as the efficiency of the customer service team. Examples of key results would be: Improvement of System Monitoring Techniques to better detect problems/degradation in the system operation, ultimately with the goal being to maximize the system availability by reducing deployment/downtimes.
To accomplish the above responsibilities, it will require, but not be limited to, the implementation of tooling to automate the deployment and release testing of the companies dispatching products.
The successful candidate would typically exhibit inspirational leadership traits such as intelligence, self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, social skill, empathy, humor, passion, courage, compassion and toughness that combine to form a leader that people are eager to follow.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to building a culture of Continuous Delivery, thereby contributing to the deployment of all changes to our railway customers in a quick, safe, and sustainable manner.
You will be challenged to learn the rail domain and the continually advancing technologies that foster innovative solutions for our customers.
As an experienced and accomplished member of our team, you will contribute to the development of those around you by sharing, teaching and mentoring.
You will collaborate cross functionally and globally. Woven into our fabric is the core value that we are more successful collectively, collaborating to create great results. While individual contributions are objectified and rewarded, succeeding as a team is favored over creating cast towers of individual knowledge.
You will be asked to embrace appropriate risk taking and learning from the occasional failures that occur. You will push yourself and the team beyond what you think the limits are to continuously evolve our company and the state of our craft.
In this role you will be a representative of the company and in conversations with external customers. Therefore, effective written and verbal communications skills are imperatives.
After hour support will be required on occasion. Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- 7 - 10 years of experience in the broad spectrum of the software developer life-cycle.
- Significant experience building enterprise class, continuous delivery environments
- Extensive knowledge of developing systems (environments) within a virtual, cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of creating and managing computing environments that are defined with code. For example, using tools such as Chef
- Knowledge of deployment tooling used to streamline the deployment of applications to multiple computing environments. Octopus Deploy would be one example of such tooling
- Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning and DevOps
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality
- Energizes those around them when working with a team while having the ability to go solo when appropriate
- Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with the creation of continuous delivery environments
- Experience with process development and automation.
- Experience with environments that employ a high degree of automated testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, KanBan, xP, TDD
- Experience Java, C++, Linux, IBM MQ (or similar product), Oracle, SQL
Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.