Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
This position will report to the VP of Real Estate and Workplace Services and Strategic Procurement. As the Director of Global Physical Security Risk Management, you will be responsible for establishing strategic objectives, creating operational plans and delivering programs and services that effectively mitigate the physical risks and threats normally associated with a global company. We are looking for a technologically savvy, dynamic but practical, experienced director with high emotional intelligence who values service and experience over enforcement and rigidity to enhance Hitachi Vantara's overall workplace experience.
The Head of Hitachi Vantara's Global Security Risk Management Program will oversee a department of internal Hitachi Vantara professionals, dozens of key partner staff contributors and 25 security service partners globally.
Job success requires building and maintaining strong effective partnerships with risk management peers in Legal, HR, Business Continuity, Cyber Security, Finance Risk Management and key stakeholders in Sales, Services, Engineering, Supply Chain, Information Technology, REWS, and other business units.
This person must be a proven successful mentor, influencer, leader, listener, partner, collaborator, facilitator, risk taker, fixer and a subject matter expert whose sole mission is to ensure a consistent satisfactory service delivery experience for all Colleagues. Responsibilities
- Establish and accomplish security - safety objectives that support Hitachi Vantara's business initiatives
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with key stakeholders across all business functions, especially with Legal, HR, Risk Management, Internal Audit and Cyber Security Teams
- Manage a low touch Executive Protection Program
- Bring, build and maintain effective external relationships with key government partners (FBI/DSAC, State Dept./OSAC, local and international law enforcement) and private and public sector peer network groups (ASIS, ISMA, informal security and safety working groups, peer companies, etc.)
- Develop and deliver innovative programs and technology solutions to support the department's objectives
- Build and maintain cross functional relationships that positively influence key stakeholders and promote Colleague security, safety and compliance acceptance in all countries where Hitachi Vantara is present
- Travel to critical Hitachi Vantara workplaces to partner with Geo Security - Safety Risk Managers and Geo Stakeholder Executives to ensure the Security Risk Management Program is effectively supporting their objectives
- Perform investigations in partnership with Legal, HR, Finance Risk Management and other groups as required for policy violations, worker misconduct, criminal activity, workplace threats and other potential risks
- Support the Geo Security Risk Managers involving incidents and events impacting colleagues and/or facilities, including team member training and drills in support of the Hitachi Vantara's Business Continuity Program
- Act as the Senior Security Risk Management Leader in the event of a global emergency or disaster in support of the Hitachi Vantara's Business Continuity Program
- Ensure ongoing Security Risk Assessments for all Hitachi Vantara properties and operations are completed according to requirements, identify gaps and risks and create action/mitigation plans as required
- Coordinate/provide physical security risk management support at major Hitachi Vantara events in support of the Executive Committee, Marketing Team and/or other business units
- Manage and coordinate delivery of Emergency Response Training, safety training and other programs though vendors and other personnel in the field.
- Operational Management Includes the Following:
- Physical Security Operations and Administration, Physical Internal/External Threat Management, Travel Security, Executive Protection, Event Security, Security Incident Management - Reporting, Physical Security Management Systems, Workplace Emergency Response Teams, and Related Workplace Technology Service/Support
- BS Degree and/or commensurate experience of 10+ years in Security, Risk, or EHS
- Ability to effectively inspire, influence and lead across countries, cultures and business priorities
- Experience and comfort working with Top Leadership and Leadership Support Staff
- Experience in a role with responsibility for managing internal and external human threats
- Global Executive Protection and Investigative leadership experience
- Ability to evaluate complex issues, influence leaders and create workable solutions
- Experience managing global teams across many countries
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in global corporate security
- Previous Military, Law Enforcement and/or related government experience is a plus
- Strong Corporate Budgeting and Finance skills
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Prior experience with EHS Programs is a plus
- Ability to travel 25% Domestic and International travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.