Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Communicate established and evolving goals and objectives of Management to the workforce. Responsible for all metallurgical issues and processes. Responsible for enforcing safety policies. Responsible for metallurgical quality of all products and metallurgical hold issues.
• Journeyman card
- To make sure equipment purchased or made is ready to make quality castings; tooling associated
With patterns and core boxes; and core masks are capable of performing as designed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Others may be added.
- Make changes to gating as required by engineering.
- Make adjustments to patterns as needed by Engineering.
- Assist molding with various problem solving.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training
- State certified journeyman
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Stand, walk, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
• Medical, dental, vision
• Short disability
• Paid vacations/holidays
• Employee assistance program (EAP)
THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS A SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND IS NOT MEANT TO BE ALL INCLUSIVE.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.