Position: Technical Storage (Hitachi) Specialist
Location: Hyderabad, India
Need local candidates only or who can relocate to Hyderabad
Experience Level: 10+ yrs
Roles - Responsibilities
Details Skills - Experience(List Primary / Optional / good-to-have skills)
- Extensive knowledge on the Hitachi Storage arrays which include USPV, USP-VM, HUS, VSP, VSP G Series, VSP F Series, HNAS, and HCP
- Expert level knowledge on Hitachi tools like Tuning Manager, HDCA, Command Suite, Storage Navigator, HTSM, HORCM, CCI, HRPM, etc.
- In-depth knowledge on Configuring and Managing replication (Shadow image/COW, True Copy, HUR), GAD, HORCM.
- In-depth knowledge on Virtualization - Migration techniques (NDM and UVM).
- Installing, configuring, managing - Upgrading HCS, HDCA, HIAA and Tuning Manager tools.
- Performance Analysis, Troubleshooting and Problem Determination using HDCA and Hitachi Tuning manager.
- Experience in verification/validation and planning for required patches / microcode upgrade.
- Hands on experience in configuring and managing the RAID Groups, Storage pools and Storage tiering.
- Understanding and having good knowledge on performance analysis using Brocade network advisor and CLI.
- In-depth understanding on SAN fabric, Virtual Fabric (VSAN), FCIP Configuration - management and Host to SAN connectivity.
- Knowledge on configuring SAN Switches, adding new switch to an existing fabric (ISL - ICL), merging switch fabrics, Trunking, Switch Migrations - Code upgrades.
- Experience in working with multiple vendors to resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis on storage issues.
- Able to assist Team Members, Mentor New Joiners in the team and Perform as an Individual Contributor.
- Ability to understand Business requirements - translate them into technology solutions, Implement Best Practices.
- Ownership of Infrastructure and responsible for service uptime / availability
- Prepare / Maintain SOPs and Operational Run books, follow ITIL processes - Incident management, Problem management, Change management, Performance management, Capacity management, Configuration - availability management activities
- Participate in Change - release management
- Plan - Implement routine, normal - complex changes
- Participate in CAB and TAB
- Knowledge about using ticketing system for daily operations - Remedy
- Ability to lead escalations - within Storage and cross platform
- Participate or lead storage projects independently
Primary skills (Rating as per assessment 3 an above)
- Should have infrastructure management (Managed Services) experience on HSA administration of at least 8 years
- Should have handled a senior role working on issues with end to end ownership and should have managed escalations for the Customer.
- Experience in working in large IT MNC and cross geography / cross cultural experience
- Relevant certifications will be an added advantage
- Strong NAS administration experience
- Be a part of delivery of multiple programs/projects
- Capacity utilization trending and reporting
- Ability to work shift patterns (24x7) and provide out of hour's on-call supportMust have traits:
- Client Interaction
- Strategic as well as tactical thinker
- Implementation Skills
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills (the ability to think logically through a problem)
- Works well in a teamGood to have skills:
- Should have knowledge about the ITIL frame work
- Should have worked in a complex environment at a Senior level
- Added advantage if the candidate has other Storage Skills like EMC / IBM / Hitachi / HP Storage along with the Primary skill of NetApp