Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated PRINCIPAL SYSTEM ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Jacksonville, FL or Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges. We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Perform needs assessments by collaborating with customers to understand and derive requirements for the dispatching system.
- Identify gaps between customer requirements and company standard software products.
- Be a technical interface to the customer throughout the life-cycle of the project and act as technical liaison with other departments within the company and with external partners within the industry.
- Contribute to the creation of requirement documents, including interface control documents, requirements traceability documents, and validation test procedures for freight railroad dispatching systems.
- Gather information from multiple sources to create requirements for a software solution that satisfies all inputs.
- Lead/conduct the technical aspects of proposal development.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities while always balancing speed and perfection to deliver quality work to our customer.
- As needed, provide on-call support for a mission-critical system on weekends or after hours.
- You will be part of a global, cross functional team focused on delivering results to our customers.
- You will be challenged to learn the rail domain and the continually advancing technologies that foster innovative solutions for our customers.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Possess 7+ years of experience as a systems engineer or business analyst for a large, complex software application.
- Ability to write clear, measurable, testable software requirements.
- Experience creating a Requirement Traceability Matrix from test procedures back to requirements and customer specifications.
- Experience using requirement management systems, configuration management tools and processes, and MS Office suite.
- Excellent leadership skills in motivating project/product personnel towards a common goal.
- The ability to think strategically in groups to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
- Experience interfacing/communicating with external customers.
- Experience and/or knowledge of rail related applications.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Lifelong learner that shares, puts into practice, and teaches what you learn.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience leading technical portions of Bids and Proposals for new work.
- Experience with overall systems architecture design.
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- SQL/Relational Database Knowledge.
- Knowledge/understanding of Enterprise Messaging Systems (e.g. IBM MQ/ActiveMQ).
- Knowledge/Understanding of Microservices, Restful Web Services, REST APIs, and technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot.
- Experience in version control (Git, RTC, SVN).
Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/Bachelors' Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages:
English proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.