Job description Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Human Resources Generalist
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based San Francisco, CA.
Our project will increase the capacity of the transit authority's Transbay Tube, the most heavily traveled part of the system between San Francisco and Oakland for some 118 million passengers annually.
Join the team that will help improve the system's overall reliability, and maintainability, reducing costs while increasing the frequency of trains in the Bay area. Mission:
- Assist in the execution of various global and local entity people management policies/processes related to recruiting, training, performance management, compensation & benefits, etc.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Contribute to the compliance with budgetary requirements - financial, headcount, labor costs, and others; supporting worldwide markets
- Assist implementation of organizational & development requirements to drive a positive, engaging, motivating culture aimed at employee satisfaction and business results
- Participate to resource development management at local entity level
- Participate in management of all legal and industrial labor compliance ensuring within local entity that all people are treated with dignity, respect, understanding, and fairness
- Participate in company change process by supporting and executing the development of cultural contexts to accommodate Group and local entity plans
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws (including, but not limited to, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures
- Assist development and execution of appropriate internal and external communication plans
- Arranging meetings, functions and workshops as directed by HR Vice President
- Accurately maintain HR databases and systems, including personnel files
- Responding to ad-hoc employee requests in a timely & confidential manner
- Employee data gathering for report development as requested
- Examines current workplace policies and provides training to employees and managers on those policies to minimize the frequency of employee complaints due to misinterpretation or misunderstanding of Company policies; works with Corporate counsel or outside counsel to ensure that HR issues that potentially could result in litigation are handled in a consistent manner assuring limited exposure to the Company
- Serve as liaison between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies/procedures and helping resolve work-related issues and/or problems
- Provides day-to-day direction and support to HR, payroll and benefit staff including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support and issue escalation
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resource experience in large global organization
- Experience working with Microsoft Office at an experienced level; including work in EXCEL on organizational reporting
- Experience with SAP
- Time spent sourcing resumes or working with the recruiting department to find candidates for the organization; and experience working in an Applicant Tracking System
- Must possess excellent people skills along with the experience and ability to handle difficult and complicated employee relations matters
- Master's Degree in Human Resource Management or MBA preferred
- SPHR/PHR certification is a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field Languages:
English - Proficient Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.