Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing, this sourcing professional (individual contributor
) will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of services and goods for the Facilities, Marketing, Human Resources, and Finance categories in the AMER region with the potential to support global projects.Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted business advisor to stakeholders, providing best-in-class technical consulting from a sourcing and external benchmark/industry perspective.
- Use data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to provide guidance in the development and execution of sourcing and category strategies, contributing to improved profits and cash flows.
- Manage the development and execution of sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Hitachi Vantara as well as the specific business function.
- Review contractual terms and conditions, negotiate and draft language to reflect favourable terms and mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain a best in class global preferred supply base for respective area of responsibility.
- Lead Sourcing events (RFI, RFP, RFQ), collaborating with stakeholders to define scope, identify suppliers and develop internal recommendations.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on a variety of contracts, to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to Hitachi Vantara.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships with cross functional/cross business impact covering multiple geographies within the Americas.
- Lead or assist with the development of process documentation associated with key process. improvement leveraging diverse ideas and expertise for category progression.
- 2 - 5 years' experience in Indirect Procurement sourcing and category management.
- Solid understanding of basic procurement law with correlating ability to author/negotiate/oversee master supply agreements, professional services agreements, statements of work, change requests, amendments.
- Subject matter expertise in one of the following categories: Facilities, Marketing, Human Resources, or Finance.
- Demonstrated track record of leading the sourcing process, working with stakeholders across businesses and geographies.
- Proven ability to communicate, influence and build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Strong business acumen, including good strategy, financial and operational skills.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to drive and close multiple complex, high risk projects across business functions and geographies.
- Excellent negotiations skills with the ability to negotiate large volume, high risk deals independently.
- Strong supplier management skills.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite), specially Excel.
- Experience working in eSourcing tool environment a plus.
- Fluency English, other language (fluency in Spanish or Portuguese) is a plus.
- Able to navigate a fast-paced multi-national environment with personnel from all over the many regions and will seek to foster excellent working relationships.
- Must be well organized, confident in navigating demands from stakeholders, a natural self-starter with a willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies, whilst employing excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (preferred: Business, Economics or Finance)
Holding certifications in the below is a plus
- Procurement related certifications through ISM, American Purchasing Society or other recognized entity.
- Project Management
- Legal and commercial negotiations
- Position to be located in Krakow, Poland. No relocation assistance available.
- This role may require infrequent travel to key markets (2-4 trips per year).
- This role is dedicated to support AMER region, so requires working hours from 10 am to 6 pm CET (to provide overlap with US)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.