Job description At Hitachi Rail STS, we don't just offer a job, we offer a Career!
In light of our growth, we are seeking expressions of interest for Signalling Design Engineers
with at least 5 years experience in Wayside Signalling design on major Railway networks.
These are Permanent Full Time opportunities based in Brisbane. About the role
The successful candidate will Deliver HW & Functional Signalling design for medium (in terms of geography, or number of objects or subsystems or interfaces involved...) Signalling project in accordance with industry and company standards, guidelines and processes. Provide guidance documents on HW and Functional design.
Main accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the review of HW & Functional Signalling design requirements allocation and gap analysis and demonstrate the compliance of design documents by the traceability
- Ensure the delivery of HW & Functional signalling Design (schemes, specification documents, test reports...) compliant to project requirements, budget and schedule and to industry standards, company guidelines and processes
- Ensure the delivery of HW and functional signalling design documentation (including system requirements and architecture, Signalling rules, interface control, scheme plans, control tables, block design, and analyses)
- Ensure the delivery of HW and functional signalling design training support documents to improve knowledge of industry standards (e.g. CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc.) and company standard solutions
- Ensure design compliance through requirement traceability
- Ensure the creation and monitor the effective implementation of a lessons-learnt database where the detected design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and
- the related corrective actions are duly recorded
- Participate to technical reviews to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies, ensuring the identification and implementation of corrective and improvement actions
- Ensure the effective execution of analysis sequence to address the feedback from Validation and site tests
- Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan
- Ensure a technical interface for HW e Functional design matters for other company's department.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications
- From 5+ years Signal Design Engineer expertise in rail projects
- Background of Communication system design and delivery and integration with Signalling;
- Experience in delivering engineering activities for complex signalling systems as ETCS / CBTC projects;
- Project Management;
- Demonstrated effective team and communication skills.
Annual Salary Range: AUD 100,000 - 180,000