Position manages, maintains and coordinates all operational activities related to company building leases, facilities management, company fleet vehicles/cell phones, insurance claims, and other general affairs requirements as needed. Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, and facilities expansion. Manages contract negotiations and processing of company fleet vehicles. Responds timely to general insurance incidents and general insurance-related inquiries. Serves as the main contact to management on all General Affairs’ matters.
Position will manage General Affairs’ (GA) staff responsible for delivery of GA policies, programs, assets, and related services. Responsibilities also include the negotiation and partnership, as well as relationship building, with related vendors and contractors.
Building Leases/Building Projects:
• Manage the overall company building leases including maintenance, as well as the overall plan from construction of the project to move-in for all HTA locations. Coordinate planning, construction, budgets, and schedules for facility modifications.
• Develop cost estimates of assigned projects; prepare spreadsheets, verify invoice accuracy and submit for payment.
• Interpret and prepare project plans, specifications, contracts/subcontracts, daily correspondence, and other project related documents.
• Manage productive relationships with third parties including architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, and company personnel involved with the project.
• Ensure the timely maintenance of all office building operations and systems, including coordination of maintenance work.
• Facilitate and oversee emergency repairs, maintenance and response to alarms as needed; report to general insurance as required.
Oversee the work of outside contractors at the property to ensure compliance with contractual agreements, codes, and safety considerations.
Company leased vehicles:
• Manage, maintain, and coordinate all operational activities concerning corporate leased vehicles including modifying and communicating policies and procedures, negotiating lease contracts, manage billing, and manage deployment and budget.
• Answer employee questions about ordering, terms, costs, policies/processes, and approve maintenance requests above a threshold.
• Administer on-line Driver Safety Program and communicate follow-up.
• Perform annual MVD check for employees with fleet vehicle or receiving car allowance.
• Respond to employee accidents providing direction and follow-up as required.
Oversee company cell phone program
• Coordinate day-to-day general insurance requirements such as requests for certificates of insurance, claim follow-up, and related items.
Other - General:
• Act as coach and advisor to direct report(s).
• Identify and suggest improvement opportunities aimed at efficient and cost-effective delivery of related products and services.
• Create and manage budget for respective areas.
• Partner with management to support meeting business goals and objectives as relevant.
• Negotiate and partner with third party vendors/suppliers ensuring compliance with related laws/regulations; and security cost effective/efficient delivery of products/services.
• Rapid Reach System testing and sending out communications, as required.
• Oversee outsourced security companies supporting HTA locations.
• Oversee outsourced janitorial services supporting HTA locations.
• Oversee facilities/general affairs resource in Oregon location.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Works overtime as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a background in business or related area; or equivalent Certified Facility Manager designation; or equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum of 5+ years Facility/Project management experience including managing multiple projects and remote personnel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIREMENTS)
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Some Travel Required
Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly; attention to detail.
• Customer service oriented.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously; strong project management
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, high level of energy, and adaptability to a fast
paced and changing environment.
• Critical thinking, sound decision-making.
• Ability to influence and negotiate.
• Ability to assimilate information and analyze financial data; project cost analysis.
• Organization-ability to maintain proper files/records and ability to prioritize tasks and
• Maintains confidentiality and integrity.
• Demonstrated team player and customer/service oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities