Job ID: 45229
Date Posted: Mar 4, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Researcher, Computational Mechanics and System Modeling
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: R&D / Industrial Innovation Laboratory
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi America, Ltd. () is looking for a Ph.D./Master’s degree holder in Mechanical or related engineering field to join our automotive/industrial research & development team as a researcher to contribute in the area of fluid mechanics modeling, finite element analysis and experimental research. The position will require sound knowledge on fundamental theory and application of Advanced Fluid mechanics, Non-Linear Structural Analysis, Turbulence modeling, Hydraulics modeling, Thermal modeling (involving Conductive, Convective and Radiative) and Control systems modeling. The position requires the researcher to work as a team member with good communication and written skills.
· The candidate will work in close collaboration with automotive and other industrial business division engineers in the USA and Hitachi R&D in Japan.
· Create new concept, perform experiments, and data analysis to design improved system.
· The candidate must have the ability to make plans and execute them. He/she will perform complex system analysis with high level of analytical ability.
· Periodic generation of invention disclosures based on research outcome.
· Publish technical papers and attend/present at conferences and seminars.
· Must have a Ph.D./Master’s degree in Mechanical or in a related engineering field.
· Research experience in performing Computational Flow Analysis for Industrial scale problems is required.
· Experience in experimental setup to verify analysis of Computational flow analysis involving flow modeling and thermal analysis using STAR-CCM+ or FLUENT is required.
· Experience in hydraulic system level modeling for fluid-mover operating components using 1D system simulation tools such as Simcenter AMESim is required.
· Experience in application of Turbulence flow modeling, such as resolving Turbulence intensity, TKE…etc.is required.
· Experience in application of Linear/Non-Linear mechanics for Structural and Thermal analysis using tools such as ABAQUS is required.
· Experience of using control systems theory for developing PID based control for system modeling is required.
· Advanced Knowledge of Fluid Mechanics including concepts of pulsatile flow, viscous flows; low Reynolds number flows and flow from nozzles...etc.
· Programming skills in python is highly preferred.
· Skills of managing complex assemblies with in Solidworks environment is preferred.
·Ability to work in a team environment and present research outcome to customers is required.
· Candidate should exhibit skills in technical writing and time and project management.
· Strong time and project management skills.
· Must be a fast learner and flexible to adopt new technologies/methodologies for research and development.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities